- 27 March 2014 - Great news for the FIRB project "LiCHIS". Stefano Olivares together with Dario Tamascelli (Department of Physics, University of Milan) received a one-year grant for the project "Generation, characterization and application of non-classical continuous-variable states for quantum information protocols" supported by the Department of Physics of the University of Milan through the "Sviluppo UniMi" plan. The project aims to enhance a setup for the generation of squeezed sates of light, that is currently present in the Quantum Optics Laboratory at the Department of Physics, up to the application level in quantum information protocols. This will require theoretical, numerical and experimental efforts to reach the expected objectives. All members of the AQM group will be involved, but, among them, the synergy with Simone Cialdi that leads the Quantum Optics Laboratory will be one of the key ingredients for the success of the project. Furthermore, as the third year of the "LiCHIS" project, coordinated by Stefano Olivares, is devoted to the advanced analysis of correlations in optical systems, the new grant will allow to extend the research to the field of continuous-variable non-classical states, such as the squeezed states, which are the building blocks to generate continuous-variable entangled states. This new opportunity (and challenge!) will indeed improve the final results of "LiCHIS".
- 21 May 2013 - LiCHIS and quantum gravity tests. Another great result for our project: we have shown that quantum correlation, a key ingredient in advanced quantum metrology protocols, provide even larger advantages when considering multiple-interferometer setups. We demonstrated that the use of quantum correlated light beams in coupled interferometers leads to substantial advantages with respect to classical light, up to a noise-free scenario for the ideal lossless case. For details: I. Ruo Berchera et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 213601 (2013) -
- 10 April 2013 - Quantum illumination turns on! One of the main goal of the LiCHIS project has been reached: the first experimental realization of the quantum illumination protocol has been implemented fir the first time within our project in a simple feasible experimental scheme based on photon-number correlations. For details: E. D. Lopaeva et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 153603 (2013) -
- 1 February 2013 - Dr. Matteo Bina joined LiCHIS project as a Post Doc. -
- 30 Oct 2012 - Also thanks to FIRB LiCHIS, we are starting the new cycle of seminars on "Open System and Quantum Information" at the Department of Physics of the University of Milan. For further info: Quantum Seminars. -
- 5 Oct 2012 - A public competition for a 2 years fellowship for working with us is now open (at the Department of Physics of the University of Milan under the supervision of Dr. Stefano Olivares). Details here. -
- 8 Mar 2012 - We are working!! -